Figure 47.6 Scientists measured the relative abundance of fern spores above and below the K-Pg boundary in this rock sample. Which of the following statements most likely represents their findings?
- An abundance of fern spores from several species was found below the K-Pg boundary, but none was found above.
- An abundance of fern spores from several species was found above the K-Pg boundary, but none was found below.
- An abundance of fern spores was found both above and below the K-Pg boundary, but only one species was found below the boundary , and many species were found above the boundary.
- Many species of fern spores were found both above and below the boundary, but the total number of spores was greater below the boundary.
Figure 47.9 The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is located on Spitsbergen island in Norway, which has an arctic climate. Why might an arctic climate be good for seed storage?
Converting a prairie to a farm field is an example of ________.
- habitat loss
- exotic species
- climate change
Figure 47.16 Which of the following statements is not supported by this graph?
- There are more vulnerable fishes than critically endangered and endangered fishes combined.
- There are more critically endangered amphibians than vulnerable, endangered and critically endangered reptiles combined.
- Within each group, there are more critically endangered species than vulnerable species.
- A greater percentage of bird species are critically endangered than mollusk species.