Figure 44.10 How might turnover in tropical lakes differ from turnover in lakes that exist in temperate regions?
Figure 44.12 Which of the following statements about biomes is false?
- Chaparral is dominated by shrubs.
- Savannas and temperate grasslands are dominated by grasses.
- Boreal forests are dominated by deciduous trees.
- Lichens are common in the arctic tundra.
Figure 44.21 In which of the following regions would you expect to find photosynthetic organisms?
- the aphotic zone, the neritic zone, the oceanic zone, and the benthic realm
- the photic zone, the intertidal zone, the neritic zone, and the oceanic zone
- the photic zone, the abyssal zone, the neritic zone, and the oceanic zone
- the pelagic realm, the aphotic zone, the neritic zone, and the oceanic zone