Which of the following is a pseudo-ruminant?
Which of the following statements is untrue?
- Roughage takes a long time to digest.
- Birds eat large quantities at one time so that they can fly long distances.
- Cows do not have upper teeth.
- In pseudo-ruminants, roughage is digested in the cecum.
The acidic nature of chyme is neutralized by ________.
- potassium hydroxide
- sodium hydroxide
The digestive juices from the liver are delivered to the ________.
Which of the following statements is not true?
- Essential nutrients can be synthesized by the body.
- Vitamins are required in small quantities for bodily function.
- Some amino acids can be synthesized by the body, while others need to be obtained from diet.
- Vitamins come in two categories: fat-soluble and water-soluble.
Which of the following is a water-soluble vitamin?
- vitamin A
- vitamin E
- vitamin K
- vitamin C
What is the primary fuel for the body?
Excess glucose is stored as ________.
- it is not stored in the body
Where does the majority of protein digestion take place?
Lipases are enzymes that break down ________.
Which hormone controls the release of bile from the gallbladder
Which hormone stops acid secretion in the stomach?
- gastric inhibitory peptide