If DNA of a particular species was analyzed and it was found that it contains 27 percent A, what would be the percentage of C?
- 27 percent
- 30 percent
- 23 percent
- 54 percent
The experiments by Hershey and Chase helped confirm that DNA was the hereditary material on the basis of the finding that:
- radioactive phage were found in the pellet
- radioactive cells were found in the supernatant
- radioactive sulfur was found inside the cell
- radioactive phosphorus was found in the cell
DNA double helix does not have which of the following?
- antiparallel configuration
- complementary base pairing
- major and minor grooves
In eukaryotes, what is the DNA wrapped around?
- single-stranded binding proteins
- sliding clamp
Meselson and Stahl's experiments proved that DNA replicates by which mode?
- none of the above
If the sequence of the 5'-3' strand is AATGCTAC, then the complementary sequence has the following sequence:
Which of the following components is not involved during the formation of the replication fork?
- single-strand binding proteins
- origin of replication
Which of the following does the enzyme primase synthesize?
- DNA primer
- RNA primer
- Okazaki fragments
- phosphodiester linkage
In which direction does DNA replication take place?
The ends of the linear chromosomes are maintained by
- DNA pol
During proofreading, which of the following enzymes reads the DNA?
- DNA pol
The initial mechanism for repairing nucleotide errors in DNA is ________.
- mismatch repair
- DNA polymerase proofreading
- nucleotide excision repair
- thymine dimers