Figure 41.5 Which of the following statements about the kidney is false?
- The renal pelvis drains into the ureter.
- The renal pyramids are in the medulla.
- The cortex covers the capsule.
- Nephrons are in the renal cortex.
Figure 41.6 Which of the following statements about the nephron is false?
- The collecting duct empties into the distal convoluted tubule.
- The Bowman’s capsule surrounds the glomerulus.
- The loop of Henle is between the proximal and distal convoluted tubules.
- The loop of Henle empties into the distal convoluted tubule.
Figure 41.8 Loop diuretics are drugs sometimes used to treat hypertension. These drugs inhibit the reabsorption of Na+ and Cl- ions by the ascending limb of the loop of Henle. A side effect is that they increase urination. Why do you think this is the case?