Figure 32.3 If the anther is missing, what type of reproductive structure will the flower be unable to produce? What term is used to describe a flower that is normally lacking the androecium? What term describes a flower lacking a gynoecium?
Figure 32.8 An embryo sac is missing the synergids. What specific impact would you expect this to have on fertilization?
- The pollen tube will be unable to form.
- The pollen tube will form but will not be guided toward the egg.
- Fertilization will not occur because the synergid is the egg.
- Fertilization will occur but the embryo will not be able to grow.
Figure 32.20 What is the function of the cotyledon?
- It develops into the root.
- It provides nutrition for the embryo.
- It forms the embryo.
- It protects the embryo.