Figure 35.3 Which of the following statements is false?
- The soma is the cell body of a nerve cell.
- Myelin sheath provides an insulating layer to the dendrites.
- Axons carry the signal from the soma to the target.
- Dendrites carry the signal to the soma.
Figure 35.11 Potassium channel blockers, such as amiodarone and procainamide, which are used to treat abnormal electrical activity in the heart, called cardiac dysrhythmia, impede the movement of K+ through voltage-gated K+ channels. Which part of the action potential would you expect potassium channels to affect?
Figure 35.26 Which of the following statements is false?
- The parasympathetic pathway is responsible for relaxing the body, while the sympathetic pathway is responsible for preparing for an emergency.
- Most preganglionic neurons in the sympathetic pathway originate in the spinal cord.
- Slowing of the heartbeat is a parasympathetic response.
- Parasympathetic neurons are responsible for releasing norepinephrine on the target organ, while sympathetic neurons are responsible for releasing acetylcholine.