One of the key ways that you can build your personal brand is by association. The following is a list of marketing associations. Research each of these to determine which organization(s) are most congruent with your goals. Many of these organizations have local chapters that you can join, where you can attend a function, or that you can simply use to gather additional information. These are great ways to network with other marketing professionals, organizations, and industry leaders. From this association you can continue to develop a network of peers that you can gather information, experiences, and ideas from.
- American Advertising Federation (AAF) is a leading professional organization that includes members across all disciplines and career levels in advertising.
- American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America with more than 30,000 members globally.
- Association of National Advertisers (ANA) is a leading marketing and advertising organization.
- Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) is a membership-based professional organization for product managers, brand managers, and more.
- Association of Network Marketing Professionals (ANMP) is the premier association uniting network marketing professionals worldwide.
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA) is the universal voice of the legal marketing and business development profession.
- Social Media Association (SMA) informs, inspires, and empowers business through social, digital, and future media.
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) is for marketing and business development professionals in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry.