Using the same list of marketing associations above, contact the one that interests you the most and ask if it is possible to speak with a member. Explain that you are a student and you would like to interview someone in the field. Before the interview, consider what information you would like to leave the interview with. Below is a list to get you started, but be sure to add anything else that the list does not contain and be prepared to ask follow-up questions for clarity.
- Tell me about yourself. What is your education, how long have you held this position, and how did you get here?
- Can you outline your current job?
- What does your typical day look like?
- What do you like best and least?
- What is the biggest challenge of this position?
- What does a career path look like from where you are now?