Download this sample database from Durham University. Open the database and create an aggregate query that sums the Cost field of the Asset Items table. What is the total cost of the Asset Items?
Imagine that you are a human resources (HR) professional responsible for reducing tardiness in the workplace. You have a database table listing all of the company’s employees, with corresponding details about each employee. How would you create a form that will keep track of clocking-in after each change in the HR Employee Handbook? The form should include the employees’ new clock-in times, date of test, and any notes taken about the HR changes.
Build a simple Main Menu form and create a text box for the current date and time, along with a label that reads “Main Menu.” Format the text box to Broadway font, centered, and in bright red. Try to center the label and also to center the text box directly below the label.
Create a custom sales report, following these steps:
- Open Access and create a new report.
- Use Design View to add the following sections to your report: Report Header, Page Header, Group Header, Detail, Group Footer, Page Footer, and Report Footer.
- In the Page Header section, add the column headings for Product Name, Quantity Sold, and Total Sales.
- Group the report by Product Category in the Group Header section.
- In the Detail section, display the product name, quantity sold, and total sales for each product.
- Calculate the sum of total sales for each product category and display it in the Group Footer section.
- Add page numbers to the Page Footer section.
- In the Report Footer section, calculate and display the overall total sales for the entire report.
You’re responsible for creating an invoice report for WorldCorp. Customize the report, following these steps:
- Create a new report in Access.
- Add a logo of WorldCorp to the Report Header section.
- Format the logo to ensure it fits well and looks professional.
- In the Page Header section, add the company name, address, and contact information.
- Design the Detail section to show the invoice details, including item name, quantity, price, and subtotal.
- Add a calculated field to calculate the total amount for each item.
- Display the due date of the invoice in the Page Footer section.
- Format the report to use a consistent font style and size throughout.
You are working on a database that tracks inventory for a retail store chain. Whenever a new transaction is entered, you need to generate an invoice for the customer that includes their name, the date of the sale, and a list of the items bought. Create a new macro that has multiple steps and save it with a descriptive name. Then, run the macro to verify that it generates an invoice.
You are working on a database that tracks employee information for WorldCorp. You want to enhance the user experience by using macros to display custom messages and validate data entry. Create a macro that displays a message box when the user enters certain data. Then, run the macro to make sure it displays everything correctly.
Go to the Contextures website and scroll down to the Sample Data Files options. Download some sample data to work with. First, create an Excel table, using the data you have selected. Then, try to link the Excel table into Access. Make changes in the Excel file to see if the changes are captured in Access.
Go to the Contextures website and scroll down to the Sample Data Files options. Download one of the sample sets of sales data to work with. Create a tactical sales dashboard using Access. This dashboard should provide a quick overview of key sales metrics and allow you to navigate to detailed reports.