Part of the International Trade Administration, Export Assistance Centers (found in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia) help US-based businesses plan, develop, and execute international strategies to succeed in today’s global marketplace through the. Find the center nearest to you and conduct a short interview with an export counselor there to learn more about their job. To learn more about global market opportunities through the International Trade Administration, watch the short video “Discover Global Markets.”
Here are some questions to ask:
- What services does the center offer?
- What is an “initial market check”?
- Does the center provide customized market research?
- Does the International Trade Administration work with US consulates and embassies?
- Are there training or networking events to attend where I can network and learn more?
- How does the export center help companies located in rural areas successfully export products?
- What training did you complete to qualify for your position?