Consider the city where you live. Why do you live there? Why have businesses chosen to locate there? Call your Chamber of Commerce and ask to speak to the chamber director or marketing director. Ask the following questions:
- Have you used strategic planning to explore growth opportunities?
- What are the strengths of our city that you express to Chamber members or businesses considering relocating here?
- Have there been any changes in politics, culture, ecology, or technology that offer opportunities to attract businesses to this community?
- Are there weaknesses or threats that our city must overcome to improve its growth and viability?
- How do college students contribute to the strengths of our city or overcome workforce threats?