LO 13.1The 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change aimed to limit the increase of global temperatures to ________.
- 0.5 °C
- 1.0 °C
- 1.5 °C
- 2.0 °C
LO 13.1According to the World Commission on Environment and Development, how is sustainable development defined?
- It meets the needs of the future without compromising the ability of the present generations to meet their own needs.
- It applies the fairness doctrine that no generation, present or future, will be disadvantaged in their ability to meet their own needs.
- It meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- none of the above
LO 13.1What caused Union Carbide’s deadly gas leak in Bhopal, India, which killed 3,000 and injured 42,000?
- a combination of low staff levels, corruption, pay-offs to employees to keep quiet, and the manager going on vacation the day before the leak
- diversion of funds and resources to a Northern India project that also took staff from the Bhopal plant, plus many safety issues, including fines imposed on community members who camped too close to the plant
- employees’ deciding to have lunch before dealing with the pressure buildup inside the tank and bribes paid to the government employees who inspected the plant
- a combination of low staff levels, numerous safety issues, and a lack of immediate employee attention to the problem as pressure built up inside the tank
LO 13.1Nestlé’s reputation was damaged when the company was accused of which of the following?
- forcing mothers to buy baby formula within days of delivering their babies
- promoting inadequate nutrition in developing countries
- providing cheap formula to mothers in developing countries, but more expensive to mothers in developed countries
- selling poor quality bottled water to developing countries
LO 13.1Which form of energy is renewable?
LO 13.2Which of the following best defines stakeholders?
- investors and lenders
- environmental groups
- anyone directly or indirectly affected by the organization
- groups or individuals financially impacted by the organization
LO 13.2Which of the following statements is most often the case?
- Socially responsible businesses tend to post higher profits than those not focused on social responsibility.
- Companies that are not socially responsible will have better profits, but have a moral obligation to society.
- Socially responsible investing gives poorer returns than non-socially responsible investing.
- Investors are more short termed focus and so socially responsible investing should not be a factor in their investment portfolio.
LO 13.3Which standards are considered universal under the GRI?
- economic, environmental, social
- foundation, general disclosures, management approach
- foundation, economic, general disclosures
- management approach, economic, social
LO 13.3The fundamental tenets of SASB’s Approach are considered ________.
- evidence-based, industry-specific, and market-informed
- industry-specific, interest-based, and value creating
- consensus-based, industry-specific, and actionable
- interest-based, value creating, and market-informed