One of the original founders of AIM was ________.
- Patsy Mink
- Dennis Banks
- Jerry Rubin
- Glenn Weiser
The Supreme Court’s 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade established that ________.
- abortions obtained during the first three months of pregnancy were legal
- witnesses were not required to corroborate a charge of rape
- marriage could not be abolished
- homosexuality was a mental illness
What kinds of values did hippies adopt?
President Nixon took a bold diplomatic step in early 1972 when he ________.
- went to Vienna
- declared the Vietnam War over
- met with Chinese leaders in Beijing
- signed the Glasgow Accords
The blue-collar workers who Nixon called “the silent majority” ________.
- fled to the suburbs to avoid integration
- wanted to replace existing social institutions with cooperatives
- opposed the war in Vietnam
- believed their opinions were overlooked in the political process
What caused the rifts in the Democratic Party in the 1968 election?
The demonstrations at Kent State University in May 1970 were held to protest what event?
- the My Lai massacre
- the North Vietnamese invasion of Saigon
- the invasion of Cambodia by U.S. forces
- the signing of a peace agreement with North Vietnam
Recognizing that ongoing protests and campus violence reflected a sea change in public opinion about the war, in 1971 Nixon ________.
- repealed the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- postponed the invasion of Cambodia
- released the Pentagon Papers
- covered up the My Lai massacre
According to John Kerry, how did many U.S. soldiers treat Vietnamese civilians?
The agreement Gerald Ford signed with the leader of the Soviet Union that ended the territorial issues remaining from World War II was ________.
- the Moscow Communiqué
- the Beijing Treaty
- the Iceland Protocol
- the Helsinki Accords
Of these figures, who was not indicted following the Watergate break-in and cover-up?
- John Mitchell
- Bob Woodward
- John Ehrlichman
- H.R. Haldeman
In what types of unethical and illegal activities did the White House plumbers and the “dirty tricks” squad engage?
During the 1976 election campaign, Jimmy Carter famously promised ________.
- that he would never start a war
- that he would never be unfaithful to his wife
- that he had never smoked marijuana
- that he would never lie
Carter deregulated several major American industries in an effort to ensure that ________.
- companies would become more competitive
- airlines would merge
- oil prices would rise
- consumers would start conserving energy
What were President Carter’s successes in the area of foreign policy?