Who was the first psychologist to use psychology in advertising?
- Hugo Münsterberg
- Elton Mayo
- Walter Dill Scott
- Walter Bingham
Which test designed for the Army was used for recruits who were not fluent in English?
- Army Personality
- Army Alpha
- Army Beta
- Army Intelligence
Which area of I-O psychology measures job satisfaction?
- industrial psychology
- organizational psychology
- human factors psychology
- advertising psychology
Which statement best describes the Hawthorne effect?
- Giving workers rest periods seems like it should decrease productivity, but it actually increases productivity.
- Social relations among workers have a greater effect on productivity than physical environment.
- Changes in light levels improve working conditions and therefore increase productivity.
- The attention of researchers on subjects causes the effect the experimenter is looking for.
Which of the following questions is illegal to ask in a job interview in the United States?
- Which university did you attend?
- Which state were you born in?
- Do you have a commercial driver’s license?
- What salary would you expect for this position?
Which of the following items is not a part of KSAs?
- other abilities
Who is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant?
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
A ________ is an example of a tactical team.
- surgical team
- car design team
- budget committee
- sports team
Which practice is an example of Theory X management?
- keystroke monitoring
- team meetings
Which is one effect of the team halo effect?
- teams appear to work better than they do
- teams never fail
- teams lead to greater job satisfaction
- teams boost productivity
Which of the following is the most strongly predictive factor of overall job satisfaction?
- financial rewards
- work content
What is the name for what occurs when a supervisor offers a work-related reward in exchange for a sexual favor?
- hiring bias
- quid pro quo
- hostile work environment
- immutable characteristics
What aspect of an office workstation would a human factors psychologist be concerned about?
- height of the chair
- closeness to the supervisor
- frequency of coworker visits
- presence of an offensive sign
A human factors psychologist who studied how a worker interacted with a search engine would be researching in the area of ________.
- cognitive engineering
- job satisfaction