Which of the following does cytosine pair with?
- a pyrimidine
Prokaryotes contain a ________chromosome, and eukaryotes contain ________ chromosomes.
- single-stranded circular; single-stranded linear
- single-stranded linear; single-stranded circular
- double-stranded circular; double-stranded linear
- double-stranded linear; double-stranded circular
DNA replicates by which of the following models?
- none of the above
The initial mechanism for repairing nucleotide errors in DNA is ________.
- mismatch repair
- DNA polymerase proofreading
- nucleotide excision repair
- thymine dimers
A promoter is ________.
- a specific sequence of DNA nucleotides
- a specific sequence of RNA nucleotides
- a protein that binds to DNA
- an enzyme that synthesizes RNA
Portions of eukaryotic mRNA sequence that are removed during RNA processing are ________.
- poly-A tails
The RNA components of ribosomes are synthesized in the ________.
- endoplasmic reticulum
How long would the peptide be that is translated from this MRNA sequence: 5'-AUGGGCUACCGA-3'?
Control of gene expression in eukaryotic cells occurs at which level(s)?
- only the transcriptional level
- epigenetic and transcriptional levels
- epigenetic, transcriptional, and translational levels
- epigenetic, transcriptional, post-transcriptional, translational, and post-translational levels
Post-translational control refers to:
- regulation of gene expression after transcription
- regulation of gene expression after translation
- control of epigenetic activation
- period between transcription and translation