What two products result from photosynthesis?
- water and carbon dioxide
- water and oxygen
- glucose and oxygen
- glucose and carbon dioxide
Which statement about thylakoids in eukaryotes is not correct?
- Thylakoids are assembled into stacks.
- Thylakoids exist as a maze of folded membranes.
- The space surrounding thylakoids is called stroma.
- Thylakoids contain chlorophyll.
From where does a heterotroph directly obtain its energy?
- the sun
- the sun and eating other organisms
- eating other organisms
- simple chemicals in the environment
What is the energy of a photon first used to do in photosynthesis?
- split a water molecule
- energize an electron
- produce ATP
- synthesize glucose
Which molecule absorbs the energy of a photon in photosynthesis?
Plants produce oxygen when they photosynthesize. Where does the oxygen come from?
- splitting water molecules
- ATP synthesis
- the electron transport chain
Which color(s) of light does chlorophyll a reflect?
- red and blue
Where in plant cells does the Calvin cycle take place?
- thylakoid membrane
- thylakoid space
Which statement correctly describes carbon fixation?
- the conversion of CO2 to an organic compound
- the use of RuBisCO to form 3-PGA
- the production of carbohydrate molecules from G3P
- the formation of RuBP from G3P molecules
- the use of ATP and NADPH to reduce CO2
What is the molecule that leaves the Calvin cycle to be converted into glucose?