The number of currently described species on the planet is about ________.
- 1.5 million
- 10 million
A secondary plant compound might be used for which of the following?
- a new crop variety
- a new drug
- a soil nutrient
- a crop pest
Pollination is an example of ________.
- a possible source of new drugs
- chemical diversity
- an ecosystem service
- crop pest control
Converting a prairie to a farm field is an example of ________.
- habitat loss
- exotic species
- climate change
Which two extinction risks may be a direct result of the pet trade?
- climate change and exotic species introduction
- habitat loss and overharvesting
- overharvesting and exotic species introduction
- habitat loss and climate change
What kind of ecosystem are exotic species especially threatening to?
- marine ecosystems
- tropical forests
Certain species of parrot cannot be brought to the United States to be sold as pets. What is the name of the legislation that makes this illegal?
- Red List
- Migratory Bird Act
- Endangered Species Act (ESA)
What is the name of the first international agreement on climate change?
- Red List
- Montreal Protocol
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Kyoto Protocol