Figure 18.12 Which of the following statements about the male reproductive system is false?
- The vas deferens carries sperm from the testes to the seminal vesicles.
- The ejaculatory duct joins the urethra.
- Both the prostate and the bulbourethral glands produce components of the semen.
- The prostate gland is located in the testes.
Figure 18.17 Which of the following statements about hormone regulation of the female reproductive cycle is false?
- LH and FSH are produced in the pituitary, and estrogen and progesterone are produced in the ovaries.
- Estradiol and progesterone secreted from the corpus luteum cause the endometrium to thicken.
- Both progesterone and estrogen are produced by the follicles.
- Secretion of GnRH by the hypothalamus is inhibited by low levels of estrogen but stimulated by high levels of estrogen.