Explain White Collar Crime.
What is a pump-and-dump scheme?
The crime of larceny includes:
- The nontresspassory taking and controlling of personal property.
- The trespassory taking and carrying away of real or personal property.
- The trespassory taking and control of personal property.
Distinguish between larceny and embezzlement.
What is the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act?
Businesses can be charged with crimes.
The burden of proof is a criminal case is:
- Reasonable suspicion.
- Beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Preponderance of evidence.
- Clear and convincing evidence.
Which of the following is a goal of an arraignment?
- The defendant is informed of the charge and enters a plea.
- Requires the defendant to bear the burden of proof
- Begins the inquisitorial system of adjudication.
- All of these are correct.
The criminal act necessary to commit a crime is known as:
- Malice aforethought.
- Mens rea.
- Subjective fault.
- Actus reus.
Distinguish between civil and criminal law.