Define unfair trade practices.
All of the following are considered unfair trade practices except:
- Targeting vulnerable populations.
- Charging extremely high prices.
- False advertising.
- False representation of a good or service.
What is a bait and switch?
Describe the role of the Federal Trade Commission.
The following are examples of a company giving misleading price information except:
- Advertising “Limited Time Offer” when the offer is available forever.
- Advertising “Going Out of Business” when the company plans to stay in business.
- Advertising the product as “New” when the product is more than 6 months old.
- Advertising “Buy One, Get One” without informing consumers that they must buy another product or service to get the deal.