Figure 44.10 How might turnover in tropical lakes differ from turnover in lakes that exist in temperate regions? Think of the variation, or lack of variation, in seasonal temperature change.
Figure 44.12 Which of the following statements about biomes is false?
- Chaparral is dominated by shrubs.
- Savannas and temperate grasslands are dominated by grasses.
- Boreal forests are dominated by deciduous trees.
- Lichens are common in the arctic tundra.
Figure 44.21 In which of the following regions would you expect to find photosynthetic organisms?
- the aphotic zone, the neritic zone, the oceanic zone, and the benthic realm
- the photic zone, the intertidal zone, the neritic zone, and the oceanic zone
- the photic zone, the abyssal zone, the neritic zone, and the oceanic zone
- the pelagic realm, the aphotic zone, the neritic zone, and the oceanic zone