Figure 39.7 Which of the following statements about the mammalian respiratory system is false?
- When we breathe in, air travels from the pharynx to the trachea.
- The bronchioles branch into bronchi.
- Alveolar ducts connect to alveolar sacs.
- Gas exchange between the lung and blood takes place in the alveolus.
Figure 39.13 Which of the following statements is false?
- In the tissues, drops as blood passes from the arteries to the veins, while increases.
- Blood travels from the lungs to the heart to body tissues, then back to the heart, then the lungs.
- Blood travels from the lungs to the heart to body tissues, then back to the lungs, then the heart.
- is higher in air than in the lungs.
Figure 39.20 The kidneys are responsible for removing excess H+ ions from the blood. If the kidneys fail, what would happen to blood pH and to hemoglobin affinity for oxygen?