Figure 32.3 If the anther is missing, what type of reproductive structure will the flower be unable to produce? What term is used to describe an incomplete flower lacking the androecium? What term describes an incomplete flower lacking a gynoecium?
Figure 32.8 An embryo sac is missing the synergids. What specific impact would you expect this to have on fertilization?
- The pollen tube will be unable to form.
- The pollen tube will form but will not be guided toward the egg.
- Fertilization will not occur because the synergid is the egg.
- Fertilization will occur but the embryo will not be able to grow.
Figure 32.20 What is the function of the cotyledon?
- It develops into the root.
- It provides nutrition for the embryo.
- It forms the embryo.
- It protects the embryo.