Figure 28.3 Which of the following statements is false?
- Choanocytes have flagella that propel water through the body.
- Pinacocytes can transform into any cell type.
- Lophocytes secrete collagen.
- Porocytes control the flow of water through pores in the sponge body.
Figure 28.21 Which of the following statements about the anatomy of a mollusk is false?
- Mollusks have a radula for grinding food.
- A digestive gland is connected to the stomach.
- The tissue beneath the shell is called the mantle.
- The digestive system includes a gizzard, a stomach, a digestive gland, and the intestine.
Figure 28.45 Which of the following statements about insects is false?
- Insects have both dorsal and ventral blood vessels.
- Insects have spiracles, openings that allow air to enter into the tracheal system.
- The trachea is part of the digestive system.
- Most insects have a well-developed digestive system with a mouth, crop, and intestine.