Figure 27.5 If a Hox 13 gene in a mouse was replaced with a Hox 1 gene, how might this alter animal development?
Figure 27.6 Which of the following statements is false?
- Eumetazoans have specialized tissues and parazoans don’t.
- Lophotrochozoa and Ecdysozoa are both Bilataria.
- Acoela and Cnidaria both possess radial symmetry.
- Arthropods are more closely related to nematodes than they are to annelids.
Figure 27.9 Which of the following statements about diploblasts and triploblasts is false?
- Animals that display radial symmetry are diploblasts.
- Animals that display bilateral symmetry are triploblasts.
- The endoderm gives rise to the lining of the digestive tract and the respiratory tract.
- The mesoderm gives rise to the central nervous system.