Figure 23.5 What evidence is there that mitochondria were incorporated into the ancestral eukaryotic cell before chloroplasts?
Figure 23.25 Which of the following statements about Paramecium sexual reproduction is false?
- The macronuclei are derived from micronuclei.
- Both mitosis and meiosis occur during sexual reproduction.
- The conjugate pair swaps macronuclei.
- Each parent produces four daughter cells.
Figure 23.28 Which of the following statements about the Laminaria life cycle is false?
- 1n zoospores form in the sporangia.
- The sporophyte is the 2n plant.
- The gametophyte is diploid.
- Both the gametophyte and sporophyte stages are multicellular.